- Franz Liszt Verein Raiding (Austria) www.lisztverein.at invited 1st prize winner of the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclawto perform a recital in Lisztzentrum Raiding in the year 2009.
- Competition Patronage of the Marshal
Marek Lapinski, Marshal of the Lower Silesia Province, took under honorary auspieces the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw on 7th July 2008.
- Application overflow for the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw.
On the 1st July we closed registering applicants.
55 candidates from 22 countries (Belgium, Bulgaria, Belarus, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Spain, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Republic of Korea, Slovakia, Ukraine, USA, Uzbekistan) applied for the Competition.
Detailed list of qualified persons to the Competition is available on the Competition website.
- Recitals of Stanislav Soloviov in the new concert hall at the "Karol Szymanowski" Academy of Music in Katowice and in Radziejowice Palace in Radziejowice.
Stanislav Soloviov, winner of the 3rd International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw, has been invited by "SILESIA" Institution of Promotion and Popularisation of Music in Katowice to perform a recital on 27th November 2008 in the new magnificent concert hall at the "Karol Szymanowski" Academy of Music in Katowice.
On 5 September 2008 at 7 p.m. S. Soloviov to perform a recital in the Palace Complex in Radziejowice in a series of "Laureates of the Great Competitions".
- Application overflow for the 15th International Master Course for Pianists.
15th June was the deadline for applications to this year's 15th edition of the course. 20 pianists enrolled from Poland, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Hungary and Turkey. Four of them are preparing for the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw; one for F. Bussoni Competition in Bolzano. Altogether they are laureates of over 100 prizes and distinctions from different music competitions. The number of applications exceeded expected number of 15 participants.
- Artistic prizes for the laureates of the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw:
- The Arthur Rubinstein International Music Foundation in Łódź www.arturrubinstein.pl funded artistic prizes for the 1st prize winner and for the best Polish laureate in the form of invitation to perform piano recitals in Poland organised by the Arthur Rubinstein International Music Foundation in the season 2008/2009. Both recitals will be devoted to commemorate Maestro Arthur Rubinstein and they will be held in Łodz or Warsaw.
- Artists Association in Radziejowice – National Culture Institution www.palacradziejowice.pl funded “Jerzy Waldorff” Award for best Polish competitor. The prize is a recital on 22 February 2009 in the Palace Complex in Radziejowice.
- Polish "F. Chopin" Baltic Philharmonic in Gdansk www.filharmonia.gda.pl invited 1st prize winner to perform a recital within a series of piano recitals "Gdansk Piano Autumn" in November 2009.
- Zabrze Philharmonic in Zabrze www.filharmonia.zabrze.pl/index.php invited one of the laureates to perform concert in Zabrze Philharmonic Hall. The concert date will be specified later.
- Lower Silesian Philharmonic in Jelenia Góra www.filharmonia-dolnoslaska.art.pl/ invited the best Polish competitor to perform piano recital the season 2009/2010.
- "Witold Lutoslawski " Philharmonic in Wroclaw www.filharmonia.wroclaw.pl invited 1st prize winner to perform with Opole Philharmonic Orchestra a concert in the season 2008/2009.
- "Josef Elsner" Philharmonic in Opole www.filharmonia.opole.pl invited 1st prize winner to perform with Opole Philharmonic Orchestra a concert in the season 2008/2009.
- "Artur Malawski" Philharmonic in Rzeszow www.filharmonia.rzeszow.pl invited 1st prize winner to perform with Rzeszow Philharmonic Orchestra a concert in the season 2009/2010.
- "SILESIA" Institution of Promotion and Popularisation of Music in Katowice invited one of the laureates to perform a recital 22 October 2008 within the 18th International Festival of Young Laureates of Music Competitions – the largest serial promotional undertaking in Poland.
- Ferenc Liszt Society (TiFL) elected new management
The 5th General Assembly of the TiFL Members was held on 24th February 2008 in the Piast Dynasty Castle in Brzeg. New management of TiFL was elected. Juliusz Adamowski (Wroclaw) was reelected President; most Members of Management Board were reelected for the same functions. Vice-Presidents are Barbara Duber (Brzeg) and Zbigniew Faryniarz (Wroclaw), Treasurer - Janusz Oleszczuk (Brzeg), Secretary - Andrzej Czyż (Brzeg), Members of Management Board: Danuta Mroczek-Szlezer (Krakow), Aleksandra Rzewuska (Trzebnica), Michal Blaszczyk (Wroclaw) and Paweł Kozerski (Brzeg). Chairperson of the Auditing Committee: Jadwiga Oleszczuk (Brzeg), Chairperson of the Arbitration Court: Zdzislaw Bednarek (Brzeg). The Assembly was conducted in a very pleasant atmosphere. All personal decisions were made unanimously, and statutory decisions – nearly unanimously.
TiFL currently comprises 151 members from 20 town and cities in Poland, and 5 members from Russia and Hungary. The Management Board Members represent different professions (from such fields as medicine, music, economics, monument restoration or management).
- Minister of Culture and National Heritage took patronage over the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw
On 25th February, we received written confirmation of taking patronage of the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw by Bogdan Zdrojewski, Minister of Culture and Polish National Heritage.
- Artists Association in Radziejowice www.palacradziejowice.pl – National Culture Institution among Patrons of the 4th International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw
Mr Bogumil Mrowczynski, Director of the Artists Association in Radziejowice funded “Jerzy Waldorf” Award for best Polish competitor. The prize is a recital in the Palace Complex in Radziejowice.
- Recital by Stanislav Soloviev (St Petersburg) in Radziejowice
Stanislav Soloviev, winner of the 1st Prize at the 3rd International F. Liszt Piano Competition in Wroclaw (2005), will perform with a piano recital in the Palace in Radziejowice on 5th September 2008.