Concerts performers » Pianists (398)
Wojciech Waleczek is recognized internationally as a pianist with uncompromisingly high standards in performance. Artist, born in 1980, has been pursuing a robust concert career playing symphonic concerts as well as solo and chamber recitals in the European Union, Switzerland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, Belarus, Russia, Kazachstan, Jordan, Tunesia. Palestina, Algeria, Turkey. Iran, Iraq, Japan, Argentina, Canada and the USA. His play is admired both by critics and the public.
He has appeared as a soloist with the orchest ras of the following philharmonics: Kalisz, Karlovy Vary, Kielce, Koszalin, Lublin, Łódź, Opole, Pomeranian, Rzeszów, Toruń, Szczecin, Wrocław, Zabrze, Sinfonia Iuventus, Polish Chamber Philharmonic Sopot, Capella Bydgostiensis, Beethoven Academy Orchestra in Cracow, Polish Radio Orchestra in Warsaw, Elbląg Chamber Orchestra, Kaposvar Symphony Orchestra, National Chamber Orchestra of Moldova, Amman Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Orchestra of Academic Theatre in Briest. He co-operated with many conductors, including: M. J. Błaszczyk, Ł. Borowicz, K. Bumann, G. Chmura, S. Chrzanowski, M. Diadiura, M. Dworzyński, Chang Joon-Gun, M. Gawroński, Cz. Grabowski, I. Hobson, G. Kerenyi, V. Kiradijev, J. Kosek, M. Lebel, M. Nesterowicz, M. Metelska, O. Palymsky, D. Pavilionis, M. Pijarowski, P. Przytocki, W. Rajski, J. Rogala, Z. Rychert, J. Salwarowski, M. U. Sidiq, R. Silva, M. Smolij, A. Sosnovsky, M. Sugar, P. Veneri, T. Wojciechowski, M. Wolniewski, J. M. Zarzycki, M. Żółtowski.
Wojciech Waleczek has graduated with a distinction from the Academy of Music in Katowice, Poland in a piano class of Prof. Zbigniew Raubo in 2003. He continued his studies with Prof. Lee Kum-Sing in the Vancouver Academy of Music, Canada. During masterclasses he worked with Andrei Jasinski, Andree Laplante, Victor Mershanov, Jean Micault and Alexey Orlovetzky. In 2014 he received the degree of Doctor of Arts from the Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
In 2014 the latest Waleczek`s album recorded together with violinist Voytek Proniewicz containing works by Franz Liszt for violin and piano was released by Naxos. The album chosen to be the album of the week by the Polish Radio Channel II was successfully reviewed in international music magazines. (Gramophone, The Strad, Resmusica, Pizzicato).
His numerous achievements include:
- The 3rd prize, Arthur Rubinstein Prize founded by Aniela Rubinstein and a special prize of the Kościuszko Foundation in New York at The 2nd International Competition for Young Pianists "Arthur Rubinstein in memoriam" in Bydgoszcz, Poland (1996),
- The laureate of the 30th Polish Piano Festival in Słupsk, Poland (1996),
- The 1st prize and the prize for the best performance of a concerto at The 4th F. Liszt National Piano Competition in Wrocław, Poland (1997),
- The 3rd prize at The 7th F. Liszt International Piano Competition "Premio Mario Zanfi" in Parma, Italy (2000),
- The semi-finalist of The 53rd F. Busoni International Piano Competition in Bolzano, Italy (2001),
- The finalist and the best Polish participant of The 2nd F. Liszt International Piano Competition in Wrocław, Poland (2002),
- The 2nd prize at The Young Musicians` Festival in Gdansk, Poland (2002),
- The finalist of The 9th International Piano Competition "Citta di Pinerolo", Italy (2003),
- The finalist of The 43rd European Piano Competition “Arcangelo Speranza” in Taranto, Italy (2005),
- The 3rd prize at The 6th International Piano Seiler Competition in Palermo, Italy (2005),
- The 3rd prize at The 3rd F. Liszt International Piano Competition in Wrocław, Poland (2005).
He was given scholarships granted by the foundations and Polish institutions and prizes awarded by the Prime Minister and the Minister of Culture of The Republic of Poland, by the presidents of Katowice and Gliwice as well as by the Regional Council of the Silesian Province. In 2004 he received a Kay Meek Scholarship awarded for the most outstanding student of the Vancouver Academy of Music .
In 1999 he was invited to take part in the international conference "Liszt 2000" in Budapest.
He made a number of radio and television recordings.
There are several piano concertos in his repertoire, over a hundred of solo compositions as well as chamber pieces ranging from the Baroque up to the contemporary music.
In 2017 new artist`s album will be released by Capricio containing Ferenc Liszt`s transcriptions on Nicolo Paganini. Concert schedule for next year is focused on promoting Polish composers in Poland, Slovakia, Germany, France and Luxemburg.
Beside concert activity he works as an Assistant Professor at the Music Institute of the Silesian University in Katowice.
More info about artist available at www.waleczek.com
Updated 1st December 2016